Let’s study about the homestay business procedures to make the job easier, more convenient! They include: Business, Fire Protection & Fighting, Security Order and Ranking Certificate.
- 1 Register Business Certificate
- 2 Register fire protection and fighting certificate
- 3 Register Qualified certificate of security in order
- 4 Register Ranking
Register Business Certificate
Criteria for licensing Homestay Business Certificate
First of all, hosts should get the homestay business certificate before running the homestay.
For accommodation business, the Department of Business Licensing specially pays attention to the following four criteria:
- Every room must have minimum area. According to the Travel Law 2005, you need to ensure a minimum of 8 m2/single room; 10 m2/double room and 3 m2/bathroom.
- Have convenient and safe facilities. You need to ensure basic amenities. Such as bed, mattress, lamp, fan/air conditioner, room key and also personal care. SPECIAL NOTE: FIRE PREVENTION METHOD.
- Declare price list. In order to prevent hacking and protect guests’ rights, the Travel Law 2005 states: Any homestay to be put into operation must have a public price lists of all services (including accompanied service).
- Homestay is a form of travel services for visitors to live as local people.
You should register the form of individual business households. Note on declaration of fixed assets: business apartments or houses must be proved ownership.
Full set of registration dossier
According to Article 71 of Decree No. 78/2015 / ND-CP, each homestay household should send a representative to submit a request for a homestay business license to the District registration office with the following particulars:
- Name of hosts (with phone number – Email).
- Specified occupation: homestay travel services business.
- Declare the amount of capital spent.
- Declare the number of employees used when Homestay comes into operation.
- Full name, signature and ID card of the person who set up the household business. (notarized copy of ID card).
After paying the fee at the District registration office, you just wait for the results!
Official results time
Within 3 days after submitting your license request, you will receive the results.
In order to receive a homestay business permission, you must submit a receipt of the dossier (sent by the registration office).
If you do not receive your homestay business epermission within 3 days, you have the right to lodge a complaint. Complete the above steps and your application will be sent to the tax office as a result. The purpose is to complete the procedure of taxation business according to state regulations.
Register fire protection and fighting certificate
According to Fire Protection, Resolution No. 25/NQ-CP on 02 June, 2010, Decree No. 46/2012/ND-CP adding to Decree No. 35/2003/ND-CP, Decree No. 130/2006, Decree 79/2014/ND-CP:
“Individuals and organizations shall not have to apply for the certificates of being qualified for fire prevention and fighting as before but only need to notify in writing of their commitments to ensure fire prevention and fighting safety as well as other accompanying documentation. Besides, individuals and organizations are able to operate immediately without response from the police department of fire.”
The Decree No. 46/2012/ND-CP and Decree 79/2014/ND-CP stipulate: It is compulsory for homestay accommodation business to ensure in writing about fire protection and fighting safety.
- Written notice of commitments to be eligible for fire prevention and fighting safety.
- The copy of the “Evaluation and approval of fire-fighting system certificate” and the fire prevention and fighting acceptance document for the newly built or renovated building. Motorized means of transportation with special fire prevention and fighting requirements when newly fitted or reformed; or copies of minutes of inspection of fire prevention and fighting safety to establishments and other motorized means of transportation.
- A list of grassroots’ fire prevention and fighting facilities and a list of trained people in fire prevention and fighting.
- Fire-fighting plan.
- Number of dossier: 1 set.
- Receiving office: The Department of Fire Prevention and Fighting Police under the Ministry of Public Security.
Register Qualified certificate of security in order
According to Decree No. 72/2009/ND-CP stipulating about conditions on security and order for some conditional business lines issued by the Government:
- A written request for a certificate of being eligible for security and order conditions.
- Copy: Business registration certificate (except for business households which have not yet been issued this certificate); Investment certificate/registration of operation (for enterprise’s branch)/tax registration (for productive career organizations).
- A certificate of being eligible for fire prevention and fighting conditions or a report on fire prevention and fighting safety inspection.
- The curriculum vitae of the people defined in Clause 1, Article 4 of this Decree (with photos and certification by commune-level People’s Committees or State management agencies). If you are foreigners, Vietnamese residing overseas, you must have a copy of passport, a copy of residence card (presenting the original for inspection).
Usually only lasts up to 7 days. If the conditions are not met, the police office must reply in writing, clearly stating the reason.
- Application for rating tourist accommodation establishments (Refer to Appendix 1 of Circular 88/2008/TT-BVHTTDL).
- Evaluation chart of homestay quality.
- List of managers and staffs of homestay (Refer to Appendix 2 of Circular 88/2008/TT-BVHTTDL).
- Notorized copy of business registration license.
- Certificate of professional training of the Homestay Manager.
- Confirmation of commitment to comply with fire prevention and fighting provisions.
- Receipt of payment of evaluation fee.
Above all, the homestay business procedure is Luxstay’s most received questions from hosts. We hope this article will answer your questions. Except for the hosts who have registered PACKAGE of Luxstay. Therefore, do not have to worry about this problem! You just need to welcome guests, all the other matters are Luxstay’s responsibility!
Refer to the article: Homestay business risks which every host must know